Luke's Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Contiki - Day 5 - Nice and Day 6 - Pisa/Florence

Day 5

Today was a free day in Nice, meaning we could do whatever you wanted. Somehow my roommate and I got up at 930am, most didn’t get up till noon. I spent most of the day walking around lost due to my lazyness at reading the map that was in my backpack. The only worthwhile thing to do in Nice is go to the beach, the citry itself was pretty ordinary looking and generally dodgy. I did hire roller blades and attempted to skate along the esplanade, that was pretty cool except I kept stacking it. That’s about all that’s worth writing about Nice that day but the night was better. We had an included dinner in the hotel that was shithouse and began a trand for all the included dinners for the rest of the tour. Anyway about 10 of us still had the stamina to head out, so we went to this place called Wayne’s Bar. The bar was full of big timber picnic tables all lined up in 3 rows and we were packed in like sardines. It was really hard to move around, and even harder to talk with anyone who wasn’t beside you. Then the band started. After about the third song everyone all of a sudden everyone went nuts and jumped on the tables, everyone. We then spent the next 5 hours singing and dancing like maniacs standing on tables. Very cool. Crashed at 330am.


Day 6
Headed to Florence via Pisa. The scenery was amazing, beautiful mansions sprinkled amongst fog covered mountains and gorgeous coastlines.




Pisa was pretty shit, I’m glad we only stopped there for a few hours. From what I saw, it’s a big ugly suburban looking town full of graffiti. But the tower itself was pretty good. The pics say it all.



Checked into our hotel and headed for dinner. As our tour guide said described it dinner was like being at a big fat Greek wedding Italian style. Lots of food, dancing and plenty of wine.

We all danced to the traditional Italian songs (conga lines, human arches etc) and had a good laugh. After dinner was the space electronica disco. 2 levels, upstairs was the dance floor which was full of 16yo Italians, so I spent most of the night downstairs chatting with people from another Contiki tour. After a few long island iced teas we headed home and crashed at about 230am.

2 Comments:

  • I just stumbled across your blog...wow you must be having an AMAZING time! The pictures are beautiful...I wish I could travel like that!! I hope you continue to have fun!! Take care... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

  • awesome!!! why do some people have all the luck??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home