Luke's Blog

Sunday, May 07, 2006

London on the weekend

Hi all,

Now that ive settled in, it was time to begin sightseeing London. So on sat, callan, Natasha (a girl from my contiki tour who has just moved to London as well) and myself went to see the Tower of London. It was pretty good, cost £15 but that included a guided tour from one of the famous ‘beefeaters.’ The tower is basically a fortress with a few buildings inside including the white tower. it was first built in the early 1100's with many additions built over the years

this was taken on my new mobile phone. it takes pretty good photos, but still no way near as good as my digital camera. the grass used to be a moat filled with water but they filled it during the time of queen victoria
after the tour we had lunch in an Italian restaurant in the city and then met peta at a house party. It was pretty cool, talked to a few people, drank quite a lot and caught the night bus home at about 2ish. Today (Sunday) I went for a walk through Battersea park, which is only 3 blocks away. Its pretty cool, there’s walking and cycling paths, lakes, sporting ovals and gardens full of chirping birds. Tonight I went to the movies with my 2 housemates, had a few pints of guiness at the local and am about to go to bed. Not sure what I’ll do next weekend, some more sightseeing im sure.
Bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home